Menu
FLTOPS
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

WIFI POD with Hub 3.0

Hi All

I received a new Hub3.0 a few months back along with an Intelligent wifi pod.

The first pod I received just would not recognise the router via wifi. I received 

a replacement which has worked OK for maybe 2 months. However in the past

week or so it no longer finds the router and instead just sits with slow blinking

light all day long. I have moved it next to the router from its current position 3M away

but still nothing.

Really appreciate some guidance on fixing this please/

Thanks

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: WIFI POD with Hub 3.0

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, FLTOPS,

Our records show that you have been in touch with the team since your post and get things sorted. Let us know if you need any further help.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
FLTOPS
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey

i received the new pod this morning and plugged it in. 4hrs later it’s still in slow pulsing light mode trying to discover my router. Basically same situ as the last pod? 

is there something I’m missing here. So far one of 3 pods has worked (then stopped after a month or so). 

id really like to fix this as it doesn’t make sense? Is the pod properly associated to my current hub 3.0 or is it looking for the previous one I had replaced several months ago but before I got sent a pod??

thanks

paul 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Paul,

No it would not be looking any other hub. In some cases when you first plug in the hub it can take up to 24 hours. But also, make sure to plug in the new WiFi Pod halfway between the Virgin Media Hub and where you are experiencing poor WiFi and place them no more than one floor or two rooms away. You can also find setup help here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/setup/intelligentwifipod

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
FLTOPS
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

OK I’ll leave it as is for 24hrs. I’ve been through the set up with the previous pods so am familiar with that. This and the others I had have been set up in between the router and weak spot as suggested but as of yet no success. Bit frustrating really 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

try a reboot and if that does not work a reset of the hub - also post the firmware number from the hub

Tony
0 Kudos