Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

WIFI Issues

Hello 

I having issues with the WIFI for the last few weeks. The devices are connecting correctly but every so often internet is not working on them. It is getting worst and worst to the point I have almost spent my data allowance on my mobile phone for the first time.  I have other devices connected by LAN so internet it is working and reaching the router, it has to be something related with the WIFI signal as happen to all devices connected to the router 

I have tried to get help on the website and by phone but I am not managing to reach anyone, just an automatic message that reset the router.

I have already rebooted it, reset it to factory, everything I can think of and still nothing. I am starting to think that is a fault on the router itself. 

Thanks for the help in advance

Oscar

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: WIFI Issues

What hub do you have?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

It is a hub 3

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Have you looked at optimising the wifi?

Disable the smart wifi functionality, pick a less congested channel manually etc etc?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Nope, I haven't tried that. I have now disable the smart wifi but, which channel I should choose? I have left it auto at the moment. 

Thanks Gary for your help so far 🙂 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

It depends what channels are less congested for you.

For the 2.4Ghz band you only want to use channels 1, 6 or 11.

For the 5Ghz band don't choose anything past 48.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Ok, I have tried changing it to manual and chosen those channels and still I am having issues. It just started couple of weeks ago so I just wondering if is a fault in the router as I have not changed any of the setup. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

what is a wired connection like?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Luckily, wired is ok. I had a cable running through the middle of my house now so I can work 🤦‍♂️

It is just a 2 bedroom maisonette so not issues with coverage as the sign is strong in all the house

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Time to consider ditching the Hub wifi and getting your own better quality equipment - lots of us on here have done that for years.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos