Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

WIFI Connection Inconsistent

Hi,

I've been experiencing issues with inconsistent WIFI connection for multiple weeks now and have been sent in circles while trying to resolve it.

We seem to have a situation where the WIFI connection works for 2-3 minutes at a time, then drops out for around 30 seconds. This has been an ongoing issue. For example, while streaming a programme today (as I have previously done without issue on regular occasions), the connection dropped out 32 times in a 2 hour period, giving the 'no network' message. We've check the 'service status' online, which reports no faults.

We had an engineer out regarding a different issue with our home phone last week, who advised us to contact the call centre. When doing this I was just again told there were no faults, which doesn't help the situation or improve my £89 a month service!

Is there anything I can do to resolve this, as I have tried the traditional routes to no avail?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: WIFI Connection Inconsistent

Have you checked with a device connected by ethernet cable whether that drops out at the same time as your wifi connected ones? An important first test to see whether the problem is restricted to the wifi component or whether there may be a network connection issue.

You could also check that all your coax connections are in nice and "finger" tight at the Hub and wall box and at any splitters/attenuators/etc and that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing (rabbit chews!). Also check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos