Menu
MikeyPosh
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

WIFI/Broadband

Maybe some of you have experienced similar issues to the following, but the customer service is a joke, 1 hour waiting only to be told to do, what we all do anyhow. VM are quick to send their bills out on time, and remind you, when you've an outstading amount, but this has become such a joke, and as far as Im concerned, breech of contact, their own contract may I add

Whilst watching Netflix, expecially this morning (3/5/2021) since 9am, all its done is buffered and gone through the percentages, dropping connection here, there and everywhere, we had this last week too. Yes we've done a reboot, and this and that. I do wonder, if Richard Branson is aware of such a urin poor service that is currently on offer?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: WIFI/Broadband

Sir Branson won’t care since he has no affiliation with VM other than the use of the “Virgin” branding.

Have you tried using a wired connection instead?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
MikeyPosh
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

We did have it as a wired connection before, and had the same issues, before receiving a booster, as pior to that, we kept getting a drop in connection on the Laptop. To be honest, id accept issues etc... but not when its every few minutes, and also, the wait to get through to a operator, is just a joke.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Post the Network, Upstream and Downstream logs from the hubs admin pages back here as text 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
MikeyPosh
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Gotta be real honest here, not sure what that actually means

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Go to 192.168.0.1 in a browser.

Click Router Status under the login box.

Post back the logs requested above. 

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @MikeyPosh,

Welcome to our Community Forum, we're more than happy to help with any issues you're experiencing! 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing connection issues while watching Netflix and connecting to other devices!

Were you able to locate the Network's Upstream and Downstream levels as @gary_dexter suggested?

I was able to locate your account details from the forum and I cannot see any issues that may be impacting your service. Please post the Upstream and Downstream levels, so we can take a deeper look at your power levels.

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MikeyPosh
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Can I just ask, how have you been able to locate the account via the forums, when the account is not in my name, as I was talking on behalf of my wife

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @MikeyPosh,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I was able to locate the account via the Forum details we have for you, in order to help you with your issue. 

Please let us know what your Upstream and Downstream levels are so we can look into this issue for you.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MikeyPosh
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Its out my hands now, as I attempted to go via Virgin Complaints, and no one got back to me before, and I wasnt prepared to wait an hour, to be told to reboot my system. This has been so much recently, with signal being lost, Netflix stopped working, and more so, the TVBox rebooting automatically, with no pre-warning. So Ive contacted the Ombudsmen, as they will support me, now that Ive attempted to go through the correct procedure, as I also feel, I shouldnt need to locate and state my Upsteam/Downstream log, as this is not he point. The fact is, the service is not being provided as per contract, and that can be proved
0 Kudos