Menu
Highlighted
Just browsing
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

WIFI Booster

Has anyone managed to speak to someone about ordering a WIFI booster?

I have used the virgin connect app multiple times (poor signal in a bedroom) and tried to order booster as advised but it won't let me complete online.  I need to call to discuss but then each time I do I end up being cut off as it thinks a signal reset is fixing the issue!! 😩  I have a Hub 3.

My wifi is 'working' but I do have a blackspot I need fixed in a teenagers room.... no netflix = not happy! 😉

Can anyone help?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: WIFI Booster

The boosters are only free if you have a Hub4 and Gig1 broadband otherwise they cost £3 per month rental.

You'd do better to take that £36 per year spend upfront and get your own better kit.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just browsing
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, Oh really?  It said on the webpage that 'If you're a Virgin Fibre customer with Full House TV and a Hub 3, you can get an intelligent WiFi Booster at no extra cost'......  Have you been in touch with Virgin and been told this?

So I'd be loathed to buy something if I can get as part of my package.  I'm confused now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Apparently that's the offer that's on now.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just browsing
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Mmm well if I do manage to speak to anyone I won't be happy if they change their 'story'....

If this does happen... where do I begin getting my own 'kit'?!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It depends if the boosters were a contractual item or just an add-on that could be removed at any time and was subject to change.

You can go with your own extender, or look into getting a mesh system to better extend the wifi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Jclambert wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Oh really?  It said on the webpage that 'If you're a Virgin Fibre customer with Full House TV and a Hub 3, you can get an intelligent WiFi Booster at no extra cost'...... 

Can you post a "link" to that page.  As it is incorrect - they are only free to customers with a Hub4.  Unless they changed the "rules" again in the last 24 hours 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have had an identical story to yours. Don’t see why we should have to put up with a poor WiFi signal....which in my case is affecting three rooms! I also have a Hub 3 and have finally received a message that a WiFi booster won’t be sent, with absolutely no explanation! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Wormy3 wrote:

I have had an identical story to yours. Don’t see why we should have to put up with a poor WiFi signal....which in my case is affecting three rooms! I also have a Hub 3 and have finally received a message that a WiFi booster won’t be sent, with absolutely no explanation! 

Because no ISP guarantees Wi-Fi without charging for extra rental kit. 

0 Kudos