Menu
Woodmanafc
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

WI-Fl Signal Drops

Over the past few weeks my WIFI keeps dropping its signal, so we have turn the router off and  reconnect to the TV, the XBOX etc. again

I phoned Virgin who tested the box and said that there was an issue and they restarted the hub but the WI-FI dropped again. I have now re-set the Hub and ran a diagnostic check using 192.168.0.1 and it said that there was an issue with the hub.

I managed to get through to someone this morning at Virgin who said there were no issues with my WI-Fi and not for all of us to use the internet at once and we should consider a booster box….really? My Wi-Fi speeds are great over 200mb and I have never had issues until recently.

I do not know what to do now but to change provider.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WI-Fl Signal Drops

Do a WiFi survey using a scanning app 

see if there are any neighbouring hubs interfering and look at changing channels (avoid overlap - use ch 1,6 or 11 on 2.4GHz).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
Woodmanafc
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WI-Fl Signal Drops

Thanks, do you think that I need to Disable Channel Optimizationor or leave it ticked.

Thanks,

0 Kudos