cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vm hub 3.0 modem

Tomreds
Just joined

Hi guys I’ve had virgin for a few months now and although the speeds are great I find the wifi drops in and out a lot. I’ve recently got an asus wireless router to use for wifi instead. Upon trying to set it up I set the hub 3.0 into modem mode but the router is showing no internet my pc which is wired into the hub 3.0 will connect to the internet fine. When setting up the asus router it says there’s an issue with the dhcp error. And when putting the pc into the asus router it says no valid ip address. I’ve tried checking the hub 3.0 settings but can’t see anything I can change to fix this. Any ideas? 

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What router did you get?

You need to set it up in this sequence...

To correctly set it up see Tudor’s message 2 in here….

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Hub3-in-Modem-mode/td-p/5206738

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Yes because you should unplug the PC from the hub and only have the asus connected you then may need to power off hub for 2mins

---------------------------------------------------------------

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Tomreds, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that the WiFi is dropping. 

Can you do what Legacy1 has suggested and let us know if things change?

Chris.