Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Vivid 200 can’t handle gaming and streaming.

We’ve had Virgin Media installed at our new home for around 2 months now, at first it seemed fine but recently I’ve found it struggles when I’m on Xbox Live and my wife is watching Netflix.

The Xbox is wired in and normally receives the full 200 speed, even upstairs on WiFi (which the TV uses) is pulling good speeds between 150-200.

I have noticed it seems a bit off and laggy if the TV is being used upstairs when I’m gaming, my last provider was just 36mb and gaming and streaming at the same time never seemed to cause issues.

It was at its worst tonight when my wife was using FaceTime on WiFi and the Xbox could only manage around 5-10mbps and kept dropping out. Turning the WiFi off instantly sent speeds right back up though.

Surely the 200mbps package should handle these two tasks at once without issues??? I have looked into routers with controls to limit bandwidth to certain devices but want to check if this is normal and experienced by other customers?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 200 can’t handle gaming and streaming.

It’s should be able to handle both yes.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos