cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virign Media Connect won't connect our Hub 3

PeteK2
Tuning in

Hi

We have just moved to Virgin Media broadband last month and are trying to set up Virgin Media Connect. I go through all the steps, scanning the sticker on the bottom etc but then just get a message on the app saying 'We can't find a hub'. The hub is definitely on and working and my phone is definitely connected to the WiFi signal.

Any thoughts on what to try next? I've rebooted the phone and also uninstalled and reinstalled the VMC app.

Thanks - PeteK2

12 REPLIES 12

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Use the hubs admin pages.

The app offers nothing over and above using these instead

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Thanks - I've accessed the admin pages. What exactly am I looking for in there?

Not sure - you tell me 🙂

What were you looking to do in the Connect App?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

The App won't connect to the hub - I just get a message saying that the hub can't be found.

Yeah got that..

But what are you actually looking to do IN the app once it's connected to the hub?

I want to find out where the WiFi 'black spots' are in our house.

You don't need a specific app to do that - you can find that out with your own investigating and testing

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi PeteK2, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

In terms of the issue you're having when trying to connect your hub to the app - have you been able to try a pin hole reset of the hub and then try to connect the hub to the app? Best also if you delete the app before hand. 

Also, can you expand on what issues you're having around the house? 

Cheers. 

Thanks. I did a pinhole reset, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it all connected up fine. I managed to do a check round the whole house and the WiFi signal seems strong throughout. So all sorted! 🙂