Menu
Andrew2020
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin please help super hub 3 support

Can someone please contact me from virgin have been again on the phone for 2 hours and then dropped from call centre while they trying to fix my issues. 

Been trying to sort since Saturday. I need wifi and my super crappy hub 3 is dropping g constantly and lastly my 200mb line is not even hitting above 50 joke and ripped off as always from virgin 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin please help super hub 3 support

Calling at 08.00 should get you through quickly.

Are the issues evident only on wifi connections or do ethernet cable connected devices have the same problem at the same times?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Andrew2020
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have been trying since 8am.  Everyday 

it’s only wifi devices that’s constantly dropping. I have to constantly flick or toggle between airplane mode or wifi on and off to force reconnect 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

At 08.00 - follow options 1,1,4,4 and say you want to cancel if the issue isn't sorted

Does that mean you have tested on an ethernet cable connected device and its not dropping - or you haven't and dont really know?

If the latter - can you try one - just trying to ascertain whether its wifi only or if cable connection drops its likely to be a VM cable connection issue. But speaking with VM will help diagnose that too.

If its wifi only there are tweaks to the Hub3 you can try - or the best solution is to ditch the Hub wifi and get your own better quality kit.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Andrew2020
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes seems to be that majority of wifi devices dropping , wired never drops which is where I have PS4 connection.  Seems to be that the hub is struggling to manage the devices only 15 connected most of them very small activities ie ringdoor bell , Alexa devices , and other stuff 

oddly seems like only one wifi connection never drops which is my tv as Netflix never dropped.  However all other devices struggle from laptops and Phones. 

I just  ordered the ASUS ROG ac1100 router 

0 Kudos