Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media team

please help me!

i need you to confirm that the broadband is down in my area until 5th November as my daughter needs to inform her boss in writing with evidence that Virgin have informed us tonight about the extra two days of no internet.

Thank you

Florence_20

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

delay in fixing broadband

We were told in writing that there would be no broadband in our area for the entire day today and my daughter, son and husband planned their work accordingly.  However at the end of the day the message on the 150 151 number now says the problem is more complex than expected and wont be fixed until 5th november.  All my family are working from home and we are in a Tier 3 area so cant really go anywhere else to access internet.  My daughter has recently started a new job and is very worried that her boss wont believe the delay and that she will be in trouble.  I was on the phone for 43 mins to customer care and didnt get through before being disconnected and then was told by the retentions team (the only team i could reach) that they couldnt email me this extension to the engineering works to forward to her boss.  I am so fed up with Virgin Media right now!  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media team

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

It will take the VM Staff about one week to get here.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Duplicate post https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/delay-in-fixing-broadband/m-p/4467026

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: delay in fixing broadband

Unfortunately outages can happen no matter which provider you are with and "fix times" are really just guesstimates.

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 (this is automated - no waiting) - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more up to date info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on the 0800 number.

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up as soon as they see it and be able to help in a few days.

In the meantime you can tether your mobile and use your data allowance to connect - not ideal and obviously and not for long term usage but helpful for short outages.

Longer term - if several of you are working from home and that's "critical" for the family then perhaps you should consider sign up for a 4G/5G broadband deal using a Mifi. Will be dependent on what's available in your location.  Three have 4G deals for around £20-25 with unlimited data.

Or look at having a parallel backup wired connection from an Openreach company there are some deals on those too depending on what speeds you need.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Florence_20,

Welcome to the Community Forms - I'm really sorry for our delayed response, and to hear you were affected by an area issue. I can understand your frustration when you weren't able to get in touch with us.

I've been able to locate your account and I'm pleased to see that the area fault has been resolved and your were able to speak with a member of our faults team in the end. I do hope that you were able to get the evidence needed so that your Daughter could show this to her boss. 

Let  us know if you need anything else and we'll be more than happy to assist further.

Beth

0 Kudos