Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media hub

I have a problem with my router signal. When standing next to it my devices are fast but when I go upstairs even though it says I have full wifi signal i cant load anything. I have to revert to 4g to be able to use my devices again. 

I have used the scanner on the virgin app and it says the signal is great in all areas of my house.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media hub

The hubs wireless is pretty bad many have had to go and get a better wireless router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ah great. Smiley Frustrated 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lil_lo87,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for posting. I'm sorry that you've been having issues using your wifi connection.

As there are a number of factors within your home which can affect the strength or range of a wireless signal, I'm afraid we're only able to guarantee cabled speeds. Have you had a look at our WiFi Wins to ensure that no furniture or other electronics are interfering with your hub?

Are there also any devices currently using wifi which could be swapped to ethernet to reduce the strain on the network and the need to queue?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos