Menu
marty3
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media hotspots dont work no more

It don't work for me any more. It used to work perfectly until android 11 I don't think it works for no one anymore.  NOT EVEN WITH VIRGIN MEDIA SIM, I have virgin mobile contract and changing the method to AKA just don't work. 😢 really frustrating. I'm paying for virgin media fiber in my home and I'm paying for virgin mobile contract so I'm double entitled to it yet it still don't work. 

Screenshot_20210615-154340_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210615-154349_Settings.jpg

 it's been this way for me since I updated to android 11. 

I've set up the virgin connect app and that tells me it's successfully installed and I'm ready for hotspots. B4 when u did this your phone would automatically connect to a virgin media hotspot if one were in range. But it simply don't. And I have a virgin contract sim card and tried manually connecting to a virgin media spot and changed the connection method to AKA just brings up the authorisation error as shown in my screenshot above. 

Please help me as I really would like this connection available for me when I'm out the home. Its very important for me. I was stranded the other day and had no data and no connection yet around me was hundreds of virgin media spots. I had to pay £4.99 just for 1 hour on a slow as hell bt WiFi hotspot. So annoying when I'm double entitled to free virgin WiFi and all they give me is authentication errors. HELP

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media hotspots dont work no more

You are not alone...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Virgin-Media-Hotspots/td-p/4726995/page/3

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
marty3
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media hotspots dont work no more

is that it? this is how it is now? ☹️ no workarounds? any information at all on when you are going to fix this issue? 

i mean surely it cant be to difficult to fix? android updated some things which totally crashes your hotspots ? that is very poor on the IT team.. i know this can be fixed in a hour if virgin media it devs had any kind of a clue, or if they even exist??

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED

0 Kudos