Menu
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media booster

Hello people.

ive just ordered a booster as ive got poor wifi upstairs. A self fit box coming saturday.my question is ,is this booster kit just a plug device to plug in upstairs,or is there also a plug device that has to be plugged in by my hub tv  Set up downstairs as well.As ive only got 2 twin sockets by my tv and there all being used.

ive seen boosters on amazon and its just the 1 plug device.

im just asking as i ordered as i can get them free.

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..+tivo box.
Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
+size 9 feet..iphone 7 plus..
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media booster

Hello

The virgin media boosters have 2 devices, the smaller unit has to be plugged into the mains and also plugged in by Ethernet connection as this how it get the signal to send across the mains, commonly called powerlines.

This page tells you all about them https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-what-is-a-powerline-booster

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

3354EFA7-FDB0-4CCB-B83D-4D44C21D8E95.png

Ok nice 1 DJ.

so it uses the ring main for the signal.

and i was concerned about having power leads and all that business taking up power points.but judging by the pictures,i can unplug my tv or whatever.and re plug throught the booster.

ok ill give them a go.

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..+tivo box.
Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Yeah that would work with no issues.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

• 4E167361-3D0A-41CA-B10F-C224CF7BA885.jpeg

B39412F5-1EB0-4660-9431-EAAECF2D203F.jpeg

Right people i got the boosters.and set up was simple.i connected lan from the booster to the ps4.the speed im getting on 200mb connection upstairs is, 60 to70 mb.download./4.5 upload./64 ping/im personally happy with that.60mb download should be good for a ps4.

do these speeds fit in with what these devices a capable of if anyone has got a booster.

Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There isn't any way to compare your Wi-Fi to any other.

At the best of times Wi-Fi is a fickle beast that can be affected by numerous things such as distance from the Hub,  building construction, other electronic devices, neighbouring Wi-Fi, basically all sorts.

If you are happy with your Wi-Fi it is good enough.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020