forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
babyface
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media Connect app

In one bedroom we are very unlikely to get internet constantly or not very good internet and in the other bedroom connection is poor on and off but when I scanned with the app it’s says it’s great which it definitely is not. We used to have really good internet so am now really annoyed.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media Connect app

Wifi speeds and connectivity aren’t guaranteed.

If you want better Wifi then put the hub into modem mode and attach your own better router or mesh system 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@babyface wrote:

In one bedroom we are very unlikely to get internet constantly or not very good internet and in the other bedroom connection is poor on and off but when I scanned with the app it’s says it’s great which it definitely is not. We used to have really good internet so am now really annoyed.

Whilst i've never used the connect app myself, I'm led to believe that it's not a particularly reliable way to check connection quality...

We'll need to know a little more about the overall quality of your connection before making any sort of recommendation about what steps to take next..

1. do you have the ability to check how the connection is when connected to the hub using an ethernet cable rather than wifi?  When connected by cable, do you get dropouts at the same time as wifi devices or is it reliable?

2. can you set up a broadband quality monitor (BQM) here, you'll need to register for an account but it's all free.. once done, paste the link back here using the "sharing link".  This will give us an idea of the quality of your link over time. 

3. can you goto your hub (http://192.168.0.1) and, without logging in, click on the "router status" option and post the contents (as text, not screenshots) of the upstream, downstream, and network log pages back to this thread 

0 Kudos
babyface
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I download the app as it said you could get a wifi booster if shows as not great but a load of nonsense.

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@babyface wrote:

I download the app as it said you could get a wifi booster if shows as not great but a load of nonsense.

The boosters have been discontinued and replaced with WiFi pods.. if you have either the gig service or the ultimate oomph package then you can have one for free, else they are £5 per month and your probably better off spending that money on your own better network equipment.

if you want to pursue the virgin supplied pod option though you’ll have to contact VM by phone to order one.

0 Kudos