cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin keeps changing settings

Bobstar3233
Joining in

Minimum once a week, virgin will push a new config out and manually change my wireless settings.

I have it set up so 2.4 is channel 11 at 20/40mhz

And 5ghz is 36 at 20/40/80/160mhz 

Channel optimization off

And yet I have to manually re set the settings back to how I want because VM comes in and pushes it back to 2.4ghz 20mhz only 5ghz 20/40/80only and channel optimization on. Which makes the internet on one corner of the house unusable. Honestly considering going to my own setup and running it in modem so VM can't fiddle every couple of days.

Running superhub 5 

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

You are not alone, Hub 3's are also capable of channel wander on 2.4Ghz and changing the bandwidth on 5Ghz.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Bobstar3233, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear this.

I have taken a look and everything is look great on our side.

Is there a setting which you've left on by accident which could be swapping the settings?

You can look at some settings here or by loggin into the hub via the settings at the bottom of it. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hello

Gone through it all and no, every so often if I check the logs there's a config download notice but that's it.

Jordan

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I found my hub 3 had a habit of doing this. Strangely the behaviour seemed to be triggered by a momentary interruption of power.

I eventually found after much trial & error, that switching off the power for 10 minutes reset the unit to the values I had originally set, even though they had mysteriously disappeared earlier.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Bobstar3233, thank you for your response.

Have you noticed the same thing happening when doing what @nodrogd has described?

Regards,
Daniel