cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin issues with no fix

radox3
Joining in

I have had Internet issues for several months. Up to hundreds of drop offs (lasting seconds) a day. I've determined it's the connection from router to Internet (not wifi).

Errors in router logs, monitoring from Internet site sees same results, pinging virgin dns servers (or any IP) direct from router gets 60 packet loss every time. I'm pretty good IT wise (work in IT) so I how to bit.

What route can I take to resolve with virgin. I'm currently looking at other providers. I have spoken to virgin multiple times. They have also sent engineer out who saw no issues. All virgin do is reset router, every time. Last time I refused and said you can't keep doing the same thing.

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As VM Techs have said there are no issues - I take it yours are intermittent ones?  Also,are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it and are you in normal mode or have it in modem mode?

What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens if a Hub3 is the base light a steady white(ish) or flashing green?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@radox3 wrote:

All virgin do is reset router, every time. Last time I refused and said you can't keep doing the same thing.

It has gotten to this😞    

---------------------------------------------------------------