Menu
judygrear94
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin gig1 any good?

Hi I have Bt infinity 80/20 atm. They have no plans to switch out road too gfast. Virgin can get me gig1 service. The Bt connection has been solid and reliable. I have never had virgin internet before and I would like virgin users input before switching. How reliable is the service? I download a 1tb a week from my seedbox, do virgin throttle or penalise heavy users? Can the hub 4 be used as a modem only like the open reach modem. I can than use my own unfi gear? I know I can google the answers but I’d like a real users input before making the decision to switch. Thanks
0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin gig1 any good?

Hi there

I currently have Gig1 at the moment and I get around 600-700mbps everyday over WiFi in the same room. I can check over the area for you to ensure that you shouldn’t have any issues when you start up with Gig1 by checking for any area issues/outages first if you’d like.

I have popped you a private message to take some details to enable me to check for you.

Thanks

Christy 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos