Menu
Limepickle12345
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin connectivity

Problem 1 - connectivity with apple iPhone and iPad terrible have to revert to 4G. Weak security...? Ongoing for several months 

problem 2 - unreliable WiFi to other devices laptops and TVs. NOW affecting work, my partners work and home schooling my children are missing out on lessons.

problem 3 - Virgin Customer Service = NON EXISTENT! I have attempted to call, email, message via social media, email senior personnel at Virgin and completed several complaint forms over the last six months. NO REPLY FROM VIRGIN. Today I managed to message someone on Twitter so this is a breakthrough, still can’t believe it. They told me to join the forum for a solution, so let’s see.

Objective - Virgin fix WiFi 

timeframe - one week, my contract ends. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin connectivity

1) see https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/bd-p/Wireless

2) nature of the beast - connect by ethernet cable whenever you can. may be able to "tweak it" - what Hub model is it though?

VM (& all other BB providers) provide a service that is guaranteed TO the Hub and what comes out from it on an ethernet cabled device. They all expressly exclude guaranteeing wifi connections - as it is so influenced by the external environment. Even BT with its glossy ad's saying wifi is “guaranteed”, also charge £10/month for that and say that if it isn’t sorted they will just give you £100 back. VM try and help with swapping the Hub (just in case!) and providing pods etc., but the reality is, that if the Hub wifi doesnt work well for you then you are far better sourcing your own wireless equipment.

You could try separating the SSID's of the 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi bands and switching off "channel optimisation" - that often helps Hub3 users get better wifi performance - but its still no substitute for better kit.

3) they dont do email - best way is to call in at 08.00 - you usually get through quickly - or do all your troubleshooting business with users here

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos