cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin connect

Stevestone
Tuning in

When using Virgin connect app, when I pause an iPhone from the wifi for example they seems to be able to reconnect. Not sure if it’s something in the iPhone settings that lets it do this.  I’m am try to pause my sons iphone without turning the whole internet off. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The iPhone is changing its MAC address & in a blink it is free.

WiFi Pausing aka Wireless MAC filtering is dead in the water for current computers and mobile that all support MAC Randomisation.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Stevestone, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with pausing your sons iPhone. Some devices may take longer than others to pause and un-pause. 

We're currently investigating an issue where some devices won't pause at all. The teams have advised that doing a PIN hole reset on the hub should allow the pausing feature to work. Make sure you hold the pin in for a minimum of 45 secs before trying again. 

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, this does not work.  I think it is something within the iPhone settings that allows the phone to reconnect once I have paused it. Any ideas ? 

The iPhone is changing its MAC address & in a blink it is free.

WiFi Pausing aka Wireless MAC filtering is dead in the water for current computers and mobile that all support MAC Randomisation.

Yeah thought so, was hoping they might be a workaround.. Cheers for confirming, much appreciated. 

Hi Stevestone, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

The private address setting within the iPhone allows the device to connect to the Hub using 2 different MAC addresses. If you've only paused one of these MAC addresses, the iPhone would be able to connect when switching to the other MAC address. In order to pause the device completely, both MAC addresses need to be added to the pause devices list which in effect means you need to pause the device twice. Once with each MAC address. 

Hopefully this helps but please keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs