forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Nicpage
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin connect app not recognising mobile phone sim

I have been trying to get the virgin media Connect app to recognise my virgin mobile sim for months but the app never connects properly.

i turn off WiFi as requested and the app starts looking for my sim (phone is on 4g) but the app just says “connection issue” and then I can’t get to anything else in the app 😡

ive just tried again and now the app Doesn’t even recognise I’ve got a virgin sim...

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin connect app not recognising mobile phone sim

Sorry hear that you're having issues with your app not recognising your mobile sim @Nicpage.

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the app 

Is the app recognising that you have other services as well or is it just mobile where the problem lies?

Have you recently got a new sim card, as we are sending these out as part of our network migration?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Nicpage
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I’ve tried reinstalling the app a few times now. It sometimes recognises my sim but then says error in finishing linking the sim to the app. Other times it doesn’t recognise that I have a virgin sim...

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Are you able to use the Virgin Mobile app, this should also auto recognise your sim? This can help us tell if the issue is with your sim or your the connect app.

Regards

Steven_L 

0 Kudos
Dusty345
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The VirginMedia connect App is not recognising the mobile data on my Virgin 4g Sim.  
WiFi data is turned off, the app has been deleted and reinstalled - still no recognition of the mobile virgin sim.  
I am using an IPhone 7

what do I need to do for this to work. 

0 Kudos