cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin connect App

Ian_urbo
Just joined

Getting very frustrated with this App. Since getting a new Hub 5 and tied into a new contract with Virgin Media the app no longer works for me. I can be standing right by the router and it can’t find it. Tried EVERYTHING suggested by other people after a Google search and via forums. Can anybody help as I just think Virgin and the developer can’t be bothered anymore

6 REPLIES 6

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
You don't need the app.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Ian_urbo, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear you're having an issue with the Connect App recognising your hub. 

The first thing to be aware of is you need to be connected to your Home WiFi in order for the app to connect to the Hub. It won't allow the connection if you're on a Guest network, VPN or Mobile data. If this still doesn't help, try clearing the data within the Connect App. These steps will help you do that: 

For your Apple device, you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. 

For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache. 

If this also fails then we currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems, that is causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We are already investigating this as a high priority. 

Pop back and keep us posted. 

Thanks.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

bitsandpcs
Fibre optic

@Ian_urbo this is a well known issue and not a new issue, it's been going on for a few months now.

My Hub 5 has the same issue.

Were so sorry to hear that you are also facing this issue @bitsandpcs are you able to try the steps as recommended by our forum staff as well? 

Thank you

@Ashleigh_C yes I have followed all the recommendations / step. It found the hub once after a reset but then the following time back to square one.

Not really practical  to reset the hub every time i want to use the app. It's been a while since the last update and worked perfectly before then.

Hi bitsandpcs,

Thank you for reaching back our, apologies the issue has come back, have you tried deleting the app and re-installing it, try on a different device?

Regards

Pat