cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin connec

Mollie69
Joining in

Hi I’m trying to use the virgin connect app. Keeps saying I have no access to home broadband? I need to check my wifi as last few days working from home has been nightmare and virgin says no issues in my area! 

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What Hub model is it?  If a 5 or 5x the connect App is not compatible - yet.

What are you trying to do with it ?  There is little it does that cant be done more simply by other means and logging into the Hub settings.

Check if there are known issues in your location on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Client62
Legend

Turn off all VPNs / Relay / Proxy / Android DNS changer and try again.

Tip: if you can not connect to your Hub at http://192.168.0.1/    the VM Connect app will not work.

To check for service fault in your street call 0800 561 0061 it is an automated service.

thanks. Was wanting to check my signal in different rooms as my wifi has been awful and I work from home so not good. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Better done using any of the free wifi scanning App on your phone - or Apple Airport utility

Get far more information than connect gives

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

it’s a hub 3 I have so should be able to use . Can you recommend an app for iPhone to check signal in different rooms in the house? 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I am all Apple - you use the Airport Utility from the app store see this

Get Apple's Airport Utility for the iPhone. Then go ... Settings->Airport Utility scroll down and toggle "Wifi Scanner" to on (green). Then open the App and click on the Blue WiFi Scan icon at top right. then hit the blue “Scan” icon - when you are in the location of the affected device(s).

Its not as visually pleasing as Android Apps but....  Data will flow in continuously updating, with the SSID’s showing with the "strongest" i.e. "best" signal at the top of the list - they have the highest RSSI values - and the channel numbers are also shown.

Avoid the channels you can see coming from your neighbours' equipment

Only use channels 1,6,11 for the 2.4 GHz band - choose the best channel for your location (least congested ) and switch your SSID to that.

--------------------
John
--------------------