Menu
Rozgi
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin broadband geo coverage

In our street, we have Virgin broadband availability 5 houses down and also 10 houses up but not in my house or around me. 

Has anyone heard any successful negotiation with Virgin sales to extend the network in a case like the above one? I mean to team up in a community to reach some critical mass and convince Virgin to extend their cable? 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin broadband geo coverage

it all depends on cost. if you say there is only 15 houses it will depend on income. If it will cost £100,000 to install then VM will never see any return.

Maybe that is the reason it was missed in the first place.
Are they homes new? are they on a private road?
0 Kudos
Rozgi
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I know, Virgin is not a charity so that the business case should stand. 

They have covered all surrounding area but not our street as it was a private road (only a handful number of properties in the middle of it due to a school admin building). And yes besides my house there is a decent block of 25 flats in this missing 60 meters of distance. So that the density is even higher than some already covered areas around me.  

Even, so my question is if anyone has seen any working practice of community building setting up the mentioned BC?   

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

https://www.virginmedia.com/postcode-checker

get as many people in the area to register on here, the more interest the more likely it is to be planned in.
But even if agreed it could still take years to complete.
0 Kudos