Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Virgin broadband down again

Hardly a surprise lately of virgin being down again since lockdown the service has been extremely dissatisfying.

I've been with cable for about 20 years I pay a stupid amount per month and for what a service that goes down on a regular basis.

I go on the website run a status test and get told everything is ok yet I've no connection and red lights on my hub wth.

Sort it out.

I know I'm not alone as Twitter has thousands of complaints

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin broadband down again

You're not alone.

My connection has been a nightmare for days.

Every 10 or 15 minutes or so and it's gone.

Turn it off and on again. Works for a short while then rinse and repeat.

It's dreadful.

To be fair, I've been a customer for 20 years too and up until recently I haven't had a bad experience.

Happy to recommend. It's been great.

But now? Awful.

Hope you get it sorted.

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hope you do also I tried texting the number they said last week and it was as useful as a chocolate fire guard.

It replied with a automated message asked me did wish to speak to someone type "yes" if I did which I did next thing it replied hope we managed to sort your problem out goodbye lol

I've always recommend virgin and even though it's bad I probably would but if this carrys on definitely not.

Even dial up was more stable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

What’s cutting out? Wired or wireless?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Ive got things hard wired and wireless and it's the whole broadband cutting out 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same here.

Whether connected via wi-fi from my PC upstairs or the PC connected via Ethernet downstairs.

Do me a favour please Wolfy, if that's ok.

Go to www.speedtest.net

Can you get download and upload results?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Arcticwolfy - What Hub model do you have ?

Do a quick check that all of your coax connections are in nice and "finger" tight at the Hub and wall box and at any splitters/attenuators/etc with no “unterminated loose ends, and that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing. Also check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box.

Then, Try this if the wired connections are dropping - do a pinhole reset of the router (hold it in for 60 seconds) then dont restart it - just wait 5' and check connectivity

If that’s all good.... Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there. In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before] click on the “router status” icon at top right (SH2’s) or text at bottom-middle of first page up (Hub3) and then copy/paste 3 FULL sets of data onto here – from the Downstream, Upstream, & Network Logs pages. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button a second time).

Also, in the meantime, set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM.
If you just see a wall of "red" then your Hub is not accepting the "pings" - make sure you uncheck the “ignore ping from WAN side” box in the settings - note it will take an hour or two to start seeing a sensible picture.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi John 

I've checked outside my property the front box seems ok.

But the wires to the rear of the property one of them seems to have been cut I've added a picture of it.

The internet is on so I'm thinking it's a telephone line.

My router is the Hub 3.

I've enclosed also screenshots of my data but had to do it on my mobile as my computer isn't working.

And the only hard wire is a PS4

Doesn't seem to upload the pics I'll have to host them on a site and post the link

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5fpu3ixupq0lii9/AACsBsnE0PM-2EPcE6dgKKY8a?dl=0

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Elder Scrolls online PS4 disconnections

i keep getting disconnection issues from ESO on the ps4 it seems like it's just the game as it doesn't disconnect me from PSN.

My PS4 is hardwired.

Im the only one out of my friends on virgin that it happens to. 

Yet I've had problems with my connection of late ever since lockdown. 

I posted on here and was asked to take pics of my hub3 down and upstream etc which I did but no comments I also checked the wires to the property outside and to the main box it's fine yet on the extension where the hub3 is I've two wires going into the property one is big which is ok then a thin wire and that's been cut.

Don't know if that's a phone line

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Elder Scrolls online PS4 disconnections

Ive moved your post on the same subject to your original thread as per house rules. Please only make one thread about an issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos