Menu
LMHodgetts
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin booster issues

Invested in a booster to get wifi throughout the house. Previously the booster had its own network name and password and the HomePod in the kitchen was connected to it - basically the reason we got the booster. 

Had some unrelated wifi issues but lots of re-setting and messing about which resulted in the booster now having the same network name as the hub. HomePod will not connect to it, saying that the wireless network on my phone is incompatible with it.

After hours of trawling, I think I've managed to pin it down to needing to change it back so that the booster broadcasts its own network name. However, the settings page address on the back of the booster doesn't seem to work. I've tried logging in via the IP address (even though I don't really know which one is the one for the booster on the list...) but I can't connect to any of them on my Mac, I just get the message 'site cannot be reached'. At my wits' end as not very technical and no help from Virgin.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin booster issues

TBH - I would suggest doing as I and many others on here do nd that is to ditch the Hub wifi and boosters, pods etc and get your own better quality equipment either.....

(1) A Mesh System, (2) A Wireless router, (3) A Wireless access point or (4) A combination of (2) & (3).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos