Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin booster is awful, other options?

Hi, any suggestions for compatible boosters I can use for my wifi? I'm in a groundfloor flat which is long and narrow. The cable virgin supplied with the hub is too short to move further towards the middle of the flat, so I purchased a booster for the living room/kitchen, but it is extremely poor. I work in the middle room via wired ethernet, and the connection is great, but don't really want to run cables through the flat to connect the apple tv etc in the living room.  Any suggestions welcome, thank you,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin booster is awful, other options?

A better router might suffice, or a simple mesh system.

Boosters aren't great, and usually just boost/extend an already poor signal even further.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin booster is awful, other options?

Or just buy a good quality Wireless Access Point, a router/network switch/WAP is overkill for most users if they are just using WiFi. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos