Menu
GeoffB16
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin and Sky

Hi, use Virgin for broadband and phone and Sky for TV. All good for first few years but over the last 15 months we have to reboot the hub and Sky boxes, on average once per week. Has anyone else experienced this and, if yes, is there a solution? Thanks

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin and Sky

I've had Virgin internet with Sky Q over a year now and works fine.

You may need to clarify further about your setup... is the internet connected to Sky Q wireless or wired?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
GeoffB16
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. Set up is wireless.

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The issue is Virgin router is really poor with wireles signal and make it worse the Sky Q will only connect via 2.4g unless you have Sky internet. My Virgin router and Sky Q box are only 1ft apart so its connected via wire and its perfect.

Since the 1st lockdown March 2020 Wi-Fi at homes been congested and the Virgin router does not help. The short answer is either connect them via cable or spend about £60 to £70 on a 3rd party router to boost the Wi-Fi around house.

............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
GeoffB16
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. Hardwiring isn’t an option as router and tv are in different rooms so a new router it is. Do you have any recommendations?

0 Kudos
GeoffB16
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Oh, should have said we’ve got a sky booster box, wired to virgin hub

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Before you spend money on 3rd party router lets check if the Virgin signal into the box is good.

You will need to enter this on the web browser and post the 3 pictures like mine below 🙂

sayekm_1-1613468633993.png

sayekm_0-1613468584056.png

sayekm_3-1613468722710.png

sayekm_2-1613468695871.png

0 Kudos
GeoffB16
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi and thanks for your ongoing help. I hope the following are the screen shots you need.

I should just say that it is a Hub 3. My contract is due for renewal/upgrade which would include a new TIVO which I don’t need. Would it be worth trying to get that swapped for a Hub 4?

Thanks again

F8BCBA1A-DE5A-41D5-ADB8-D4A4C6AE6352.pngA0FBB969-EB5C-4B23-82A2-F57F4A1CAC05.png484F8BFD-4936-46DF-8A5E-6649E00BBEFD.png

0 Kudos