cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Virgin WiFi strength πŸ’ͺ

RageCage
Tuning in

I've had a lot of different ISPs at this house, all using the BT line and all with roughly a 25 to 30 mbps speed. One router with connectivity in every room in the house. When Virgin arrived, great solid 350mbps in the living room however walk into the kitchen and it drops out completely, its not a big house. My question is why do the other ISPs routers do a much better job  with a 10x slower signal? Why is vigrins so bad?

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

Were the previous ISPs Routers located in exactly the same place as the VM Hub ?

RageCage
Tuning in

Same place yes. I assumed Virgin having 10x the speed was expecting a drop off at other areas of the house but not to drop out completely. The WiFi connects but fails to connect to the interent

Client62
Legend
1) Has the VM Connect app been used to pause the Wi-Fi access of devices ?

2) Is this a Hub 5 with a failed DHCP server - the device connects to Wi-Fi but does not get an IP address ?

Hi @RageCage thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you're having ongoing WiFi issues. I would like to take a closer look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Screenshot_20230728_200638_Settings.jpg

 I'm not sure what the first one is, I have the VM app but never used it. 

As for the second one this is what I have upstairs just now, It'll connect if I go downstairs