Menu
Mark2238
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin WiFi booster

Don't understand do the WiFi boosters require logging in to a device separately as they come up on a WiFi search as a stand alone connection I thought that they boost your existing WiFi hub? 

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin WiFi booster

They extend the WiFi once set up properly, if you just plug them in they have a separate network.

Hold the WPS button in the big booster for 7 flashes then press WPS on the hub for a few seconds to pair.

Once paired you might have to pull out the little part and put back in again if it says no IP address

0 Kudos
Mark2238
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply,

But I've lan connected the smaller booster device to the hub then plugged in the bigger one in a wall socket close by, once the sync is complete and the white spots remain on both, threre is still another WiFi connection available being the booster on the WiFi connection search 

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @Mark2238

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for your post regarding the WiFi that you are getting from your Boosters.

If the Boosters are connected properly, they should only show the SSID from the Hub not the booster network as well. Is the booster network still showing now?

Please do let me know,

Thanks,

Serena

0 Kudos
Mark2238
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They were faulty got new ones allgood 👍🏻

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Mark2238, 

Thanks for popping back and updating us on things. We're glad things seem to be sorted for you now the boosters have been replaced. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know.

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide