Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media needs to do something on the wifi

I was happy with Sky for 14 years only problem was the max speed was 78 Mbps I had no lagging or buffering the wifi could reach over the road I always had full signal even in my yard

I moved to VM because they were offering 376 Mbps since then VM has let me down on all aspects the first was the connection date 2 weeks later then I was told even though I phoned the day before and they said it will be installed the next day 2nd the online customer service is rubbish I had my PC on 3 days because VM didn't respond to the message I sent them 3rd I think the hub 3.0 is the worst router iv seen in my life suppose a house as a power cut you cant use the landline because its power through the hub and if you have no credit to ring the electricity board  on your mobile not to mention if you have a careline as my mother does and lastly the wifi my mother has her router in the same room about 2 meters from the hub and her signal is 2 bar i can't even use my phone wireless upstairs because it's not stable why do VM charge £3 a month for wifi booster shouldn't they give them out free

Sorry for the long message rant over

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media needs to do something on the wifi

if you need a physical landline then it sounds like virgin is not the service for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@popoff wrote:

suppose a house as a power cut you cant use the landline because its power through the hub and if you have no credit to ring the electricity board  on your mobile not to mention if you have a careline as my mother does

This is something we will ALL have to get used to by 2025:

https://digitalwholesalesolutions.com/2019/09/the-bt-openreach-pstn-and-isdn-2025-switch-off/

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That is 1 point to the terrible service that VM has done I'm saying they should bring a better hub out they can easily put a battery in the router so that if anyone has a power cut they can make an emergency phone call 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

VM do have a  Battery Backup Unit for people who vulnerable, which uses an electronic SIM card connecting to the strongest signal locally the only issue that this has is that it will only allow calls to 999 or 112, placing a battery in the router will not resolve this problem as if the power cut affects your area it will also affect the VM green boxes.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone/virginphone#emergencybackupline has info about the BBU.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@popoff wrote:

That is 1 point to the terrible service that VM has done I'm saying they should bring a better hub out they can easily put a battery in the router so that if anyone has a power cut they can make an emergency phone call 

No good. There would have to be a backup battery in every piece of street equipment Virgin have, as these are all mains powered, as are the BT Openreach cabinets. OFCOM have removed the mandatory requirement to have a working landline during a power cut due to the proliferation of mobile services. The only backup service you can have for vulnerable people is one that dials 999 through the local mobile network.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming to our Community Forums popoff and I'm sorry to see you've been having issues with the signal strength of your Wi-Fi services.

Do you know of any particular devices that are struggling with the service? Are there anymore devices that can be connected via Ethernet cable?

Can you also please advise me where the hub is located? Is this is a wide and open space? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos