cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media have to be stopped

Thomas9
Tuning in

My cable was cut by a VM engineer setting up another flat in my block two months ago. Trying to address this has been one of the most enraging, stressful and insulting interactions with a business I have ever had. I first raised a complaint two months ago, after multiple messages and phone calls and promises someone would come to fix on certain day, only for them never to show up, with zero proactive communication. 

Finally heard back from their complaints department yesterday and the email makes almost zero sense, clearly written by someone who can barely communicate in English and offers no timescale, no resolution. 

Added to this, I know people who've tried to cancel VM and found they will throw everything in your way to stop you, including disconnecting you and refusing to acknowledge communications. I know they have increased bills without explanation and then only offered to reduce them when customers are on the cusp of quitting, which is unethical. 

I am dumbfounded they are allowed to operate like this and anyone with responsibility who works there should be ashamed of themselves. 

I have already complained to OfCom and will be raising a case with CISAS or the Ombudsman. I am so furious with them I want to know what else I can do. Contact journalists? Would a legal firm bring a lawsuit on behalf of consumers? Beyond venting, this has been so unacceptable they need to be told they can't get away with this.  

6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The responses from the complaints department are usually meaningless, it's some sort of art form I believe.

I trust you have been keeping a log of all contacts with VM from the date when you first reported the fault. You should be due for a substantial amount of compensation. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Thomas9,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the cable being cut. 

Did the response from the complaint advise how to contact if you don't agree with the resolution provided?

^Martin

Hi Martin,

All it said was "if we don't hear from you again within 28 days, we will consider the matter resolved". So presumably I have to raise another complaint and then wait another two months to hear back.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You must reply to that message immediately to say that you have not received a satisfactory resolution and you are going to refer your complaint to the Ombudsman. 

If they reply to say they cannot resolve your complaint, you can then take that letter right away to the Ombudsman with all your evidence.

If they don't send such a letter you will have to wait for eight weeks from the date of your original complaint before going to the Ombudsman. 

http://www.commsombudsman.org/

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi @Thomas9 

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Roger123
Dialled in

Thomas9   Roger123 here. Thomas9 on Friday, the 24th November, 2023, whilst so-called setting up a Virgin Media installation on the ground floor flat, their engineer **George13634 'fiddling' around the first floor communications *box cut off my neighbour's television. She is NOT a Virgin Media customer. Both of us are situated adjoining and either side of the *box on the first floor. My neighbour and I tried ALL Weekend to get someone from Virgin Media to come out but, of course, they refused because she was not their customer. On Monday, the 27th November, 2023, my neighbour had to get her OWN man out and he charged her ***£71.99. to restore the television. Of course, I had to reimburse her. As a result of **George13634 admitting to me on the next day, in his visit on the Tuesday, 28th November, 2023, that HE had made the mistake, I am holding Virgin Media responsible. I told them then and I am reiterating it now that, should Virgin Media fail to either reimburse me or credit my account by Monday, the 18th December, 2023, I WILL TAKE LEGAL ACTION. Enough said.  Roger123