Menu
technophobe1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media booster plugs

We have a pair of booster plugs, supplied by VM, to enable us to use the TIVO box in a different room to the router without using the ethernet cable. This works fine.

The WiFi connection in my office (attached, integrated, converted garage) is patchy. Can you add a 3rd booster plug to the existing ones in order to improve the situation? If so, does this require a completely new set of plugs or can you buy/be sent another one to add to what we already have?

FYI, I did have a separate set of 'TP' plugs that were supplied by my employer, but these seemed to 'conflict' with the VM ones & didn't have any (positive) impact so I have removed them.

Any advice warmly welcomed. TIA.

0 Kudos
mbwakelam
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media booster plugs

have you tried moving one booster you already have to see if that works 1st?

Also as you said its a converted garage, how was electrics set up, same fuse box or separate one.

boosters need the same ring main IIRC

0 Kudos
technophobe1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying.

No, I haven't tried moving the existing plug from the TIVO to the office (I'm nervous about upsetting something that's currently working!)

The garage is on the same fuse box as the rest of the house.

0 Kudos
andrewkp
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Given its your office it may be worth running a cat 5e cable from the super hub to the office.  It's the best way to get a fast reliable connection which is important if it relates to your job.

Ideally the cable should not be over 25m

0 Kudos