Menu
fiftyshadesofja
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media are liars and have ripped me off, what are my options?

Long story, our introductory contract was up in December so I negotiated  a new contract. 

The person I spoke to said I could upgrade my V6 box to 360 as I wasn’t happy with the box as it is. They said they’d send out a 360 remote which could be used to upgrade the V6 box to the 360 firmware. They also said I’d have a 14 day cooling off period on the contract from the day I received the remote.

I haven’t received the remote yet so I called them to chase it up, only to be informed that’s not something they do and that they’ve never heard of it.

The new contract has been billed, I only agreed to the contract as it had the TV upgrade on it. The contract doesn’t mention an upgrade. 

Customer service are just plain rude, saying it’s basically tough luck and I’ll need to pay a fee to terminate the contract. If I want to speak to
a manger they fob me off and say they’ll call me back in a few days, can’t see that happening.

What can I do legally here? I’m incredibly angry at being sold a package based on a load of lies, and their refusal to do anything about it.
0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media are liars and have ripped me off, what are my options?

@fiftyshadesofja wrote:

Long story, our introductory contract was up in December so I negotiated  a new contract. 

The person I spoke to said I could upgrade my V6 box to 360 as I wasn’t happy with the box as it is. They said they’d send out a 360 remote which could be used to upgrade the V6 box to the 360 firmware. They also said I’d have a 14 day cooling off period on the contract from the day I received the remote.

I haven’t received the remote yet so I called them to chase it up, only to be informed that’s not something they do and that they’ve never heard of it.

The new contract has been billed, I only agreed to the contract as it had the TV upgrade on it. The contract doesn’t mention an upgrade. 

Customer service are just plain rude, saying it’s basically tough luck and I’ll need to pay a fee to terminate the contract. If I want to speak to
a manger they fob me off and say they’ll call me back in a few days, can’t see that happening.

What can I do legally here? I’m incredibly angry at being sold a package based on a load of lies, and their refusal to do anything about it.

Unless you have written confirmation of the offer of a new TV box, and / or a recording of the conversation (to which both parties, i assume, would have had to consent to) then I'm not sure that there's much you can do - the forum staff here may look into it for you (usually a 5 - 10 day wait) but i wouldn't bet on the outcome.

If the contract doesn't mention it, and you don't have any evidence of the offer, then i think you're going to struggle to make them do anything about it... 

0 Kudos