Menu
johnmyers87
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Wifi

I get this error every time I try to connect to O2 underground WiFi through the Virgin Media Wifi, does anybody have any ideas on how to fix it?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Wifi

What error is that then

0 Kudos
johnmyers87
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Anonymous wrote: official

What error is that then

I am not connect to the WiFi.

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @johnmyers87,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're facing some issues connecting to Wi-Fi whilst using the London Underground. You've said that there's an error but not specified what the error is. Are you saying that an error message appears? If so, when does it appear and what is the error message?

Can you also confirm if this is impacting you on all stops or only certain ones? If you're using a mobile handset on the O2 network you will need to select O2 Wi-Fi from your Wi-Fi settings, sign up and confirm the phone you will be using. When you are on the Underground, open your browser and select O2 from the dropdown list.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
billyk
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi I guess they are getting the same error that I am which is "Sorry, this service for people on O2" despite the fact I am on O2 and have been for almost a year. 

Some suggestion from O2 forums that it is the Auth Server used by VM Wifi to check entitlement. Could be a problem when people have ported from other networks. I was previously on Vodafone with the number hence why I might get that message. 

Posting here as o2 useless on this and don't appear to even accept the problem, just say try logging on again and round you go. 

Grateful for any help. Thank thank you. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi billyk

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues - is your number an O2 SIM as well or do you mean the network is O2 having been migrated? 

best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos