Menu
MS141
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media WiFi

Hello,

I am a pay monthly virgin mobile customer. What I wanted to know was that if I was to download the Virgin Media Connect app, would I also be able to make use of free WiFi from a WiFi hotspot?

If yes, would I need to make a new Virgin Media account, or would my Virgin Mobile account username and password be enough for signing in?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media WiFi

Being a Virgin mobile customer, gives you access to the WiFi hotspots.

There will be no signing in for the app, it will read your SIM using data to sign-in.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
MS141
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply!

The problem now is My Virgin Mobile app is working fine, however the Virgin Media Connect app is not responding. I am able to open it, however it doesn't allow me to enter any username or password, and neither is it detecting my Virgin SIM card. It just remains jammed. Thanks.

Ps. It managed to respond but it's now asking me for my username and password. I tried entering my Virgin Mobile username and password, but it is coming up as not being recognised!

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just a check that when first opening the app, you'll need WiFi turned off and mobile data switched on for it to do it's auto sign-in.

Edit: also if this a new SIM, it can take 3 days for the system to catch up for it to be recognised.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
MS141
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I just tried doing that but still it's the Sign In page that's coming up first thing after the Lets Go page! 

Smiley Sad

Ps. I've had the Sim for almost a month now.

0 Kudos
MS141
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Will it be possible to order a replacement SIM online? If any moderator could help out please

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi MS141, thanks for your post.

Sorry you've encountered this problem. Can you confirm you're not using a VPN, proxy or data saving app on the device?

If you're not, then please send me a PM confirming your mobile number & I'll get back to you to discuss this further. 

Tom

0 Kudos