forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Sonicpea
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Intelligent WiFi Plus

Hi, I am having a bit of a nightmare trying to order the virgin Media Intelligent WiFi Plus pods.

I am a Gigi 1 customer but haven’t yet set up my new hub4 because I wanted to get the wifi plus pods first.  I find it very stressful phoning the number given on the website because I have Tourette’s syndrome and, especially on phone calls, my vocal tics become unmanageable which is frustrating and embarrassing.   I don’t use sign language so I can’t use the video relay either.  There are other disabilities which prevent people from being able to use a phone other than deafness....

I have tried using the online chat, which was how I ordered the gigi1 itself with no issues...but now I want something extra, it seems impossible to get through to a person on chat.  Is there any one who might have an email address I can contact or a suggestion?  Bit of a random one I know.  🙂

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: irgin Media Intelligent WiFi Plus

You would have to activate your 1gig service first, you cant have 2 open work orders open at the same time

Sonicpea
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

They are out of stock apparently.  No news on when they are back but won’t be till March at the earliest.  I’m going to have to decide on a tp-link deco system I think. Just not sure which.  

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You know decos rarely go beyond 200mb right?
0 Kudos
Sonicpea
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin Media Intelligent WiFi Plus

No...I don’t.  I am new to all this.  I currently use wifi extenders in the porch  to allow connection to my outside camera and ring device.  But I wanted to upgrade to mesh now I have the Gigi and hub4.   What would you recommend?  Budget is around £350

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That's a very strong budget. You should be looking at "AX mesh Systems" sometimes called "wifi 6 mesh"

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BT-Seamless-Connection-Everywhere-Complete/dp/B07VQMNKRG/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?dch...

And 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-Deco-X60-3-pack-Extenders/dp/B08759W2P7/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?dchild=1&ke...

Are some examples, unfortunately I don't have much experience with those higher end models but I'm sure some other posters from the community can offer more advice

Sonicpea
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you!  Taking a look at those 

0 Kudos
Sonicpea
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I went for the deco x60 you linked after watching a few YouTube videos. I had actually asked about that in another post but no replies yet.  It  Should be here tomorrow. That’s my Christmas overtime spent!  It seemed to be easy to set up and good performance which is all I want.  Both me and hubby working from home right now so we need something to help with dead spots in our different working rooms.   Thank you for your help. 

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Looks awesome that model!
0 Kudos
Sonicpea
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

All working really well.  I made sure to put new hub 4.0 into modem mode.  Setting up was a breeze and it works fine with the Ring products.  I also bought an Ethernet hub and have laptop, Xbox , cat flap  wired into the deco that is linked to modem.  

the only issue I had was sky q box and sky mini.  I did some reading and it seems that they don’t like the frequency the Deco uses. ( I don’t really understand!). But my solution was to use an extra long Ethernet cable on sky too and another one on the mini box.  It might be an issue for those Who can’t place their deco within range of their skybox because it really wouldn’t connect using the WiFi.   I’m getting really decent speeds wired in... pics attached.  And pretty decent WiFi.  Thanks again! Also the husband has just said that we have not have one disconnection for our laptops since the new system.... Pretty handy because we are both working from home and both use teams a lot!

All in all, very happy! 

FDCD1C93-CBD3-40AE-9115-61714E198DDF.png

8248BBAE-20C0-484B-A715-6EF2663F0E69.jpeg