cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Hub 4

Amie24
Joining in

Our Virgin Hub 4 is really loud sounding. We upgraded the hub last year. The older one was pretty much soundless. We can hear this one over the TV. It makes a constant humming noise. Like the fan is constantly spinning around and also makes different noises at times. Our Wifi is relatively stable, but we wanted to know if there's a fault with the hub or if everyones hubs are as noisey as ours. It is much more noticeable when it is quiet in the house. It's been like this since the first day we had it. Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Hub 4 is the only one with a fan, all the other VM Hub's are passively cooled.  They can suck up a lot of dust over time and become noisy.

Power off the unit and blow out any dust with a can of compressed air.  Hopefully this may help resolve the problem.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks. I'm not sure if that will help as it's been this loud since the first day we had it, but it's good to know about it being the only one with a fan. That explains why it's noisy compared to our old one.