cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Hub 3 and Amazon eero mesh Wi-Fi 5 router system

JoBo87
Joining in

Hi all,

I cannot for the life of me get the Eero to find internet.

I have done the modem setting. The light is magenta. I have followed all the instructions here: https://support.eero.com/hc/en-us/articles/360057257791-Setting-Up-eero-with-Virgin-Media

I have turned off Childsafe and virus safe on my broadband (another user seemed to have succes with that).

But still I get this screen.

8CB3CDCE-6585-4E8F-9A8F-ED48C006B013.png

C5641F3B-68B3-4931-B987-8C63497EC45C.png

it says that it can’t find the WAN IP address? Is that something that Virgin need to set?

Any help is very gratefully received as I am very close to throwing it out of the window after several hours of mucking about with it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey JoBo87, thank you for reaching back out and letting me know this. 

I am going to send you a PM, so we can look into this and get to the bottom of this.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You must follow a specific sequence:

How to put a VM hub into modem mode:

1) Access your hub on 192.168.0.1, sign on and put it into modem mode. On the Hub3 the bottom LED will change to magenta, on a Hub4 the LED band will be green. Best done from a wired connection.

2) Turn off the hub and disconnect any Ethernet cables

3) Fully initialise your own router or mesh master unit and make sure the WAN port is set to DHCP (for some routers or mesh this may have to be done in router mode before entering modem mode)

4) Connect your router or mesh master unit to the VM hub with an Ethernet cable, Cat5e or Cat6, any higher specification is a waste of money

5) Turn on the VM hub.

6) You should now be able to access the internet and the hub will now be on 192.168.100.1

Note1: this only needs doing once for each new router or VM changes your WAN IP address.

Note2: If you have a Hub4 and your own router is NOT 192.168.0.1 then it’s possible that you can still access the VM hub on 192.168.0.1

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi Tudor,

Thank you for this. I saw your response to another post and I have tried this, but I’m still getting no internet connection once in modem mode.

neither my laptop, phone or my eero can connect to the internet. 

I’m not sure what else to try.

Many thanks.

Hi JoBo87,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your broadband service. 

To confirm, do you lose broadband service as soon as you put the hub in Modem mode?

Is that with both the eero connected and not?

^Martin

Hello Martin,

Thank you for coming back to me on this. Answers to questions below:

To confirm, do you lose broadband service as soon as you put the hub in Modem mode? I don't seem to have service as soon as it's modem mode. Even with my laptop ethernet cabled into the hub I was unable to connect to the hub via 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.0.1. Or the internet.

Is that with both the eero connected and not? I have tried starting up the hub in modem mode alone, with the laptop and with the Eero wired in (as per Tudor's advice above).

The Eero 'can't reach the internet' and as per the screenshot in my original post, the issue appears to be "WAN IP Address".

Could this be from the ISP side? Or are there other solutions I can try?

Many thanks,

Jo

Hello Martin and Virgin Team,

An IT friend of mine has just popped round to help me. He tested the ports and all of them seem to be broken on the hub.

Despite only getting it this year, it seems to be faulty and looking at other posts this is a relatively common occurrence. Could a replacement, functioning hub be sent out for me?

Many thanks and all the best,

Jo

Hey JoBo87, thank you for reaching back out and letting me know this. 

I am going to send you a PM, so we can look into this and get to the bottom of this.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

davidridge
Tuning in

I’ve got the same problem. What did the eye say?