Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Hub 3 Frequently Rebooting for no apparent reason

My Virgin Media Hub 3 is rebooting itself several times a day but has got to the point where it is actually quite annoying as it is making Working From home very difficult with the internet going down several times a day when on important calls or video meetings. The rebooting is not a new thing and I have had a replacement router and even an engineer at home to try and fix this. His diagnosis was that this was a problem with the connection at the wiring cabinet several meters in a different street to mine. The VM Router was in Router mode all along but i decided to invest in a gaming router in order to try and mitigate against these reboots; i put the VM Router in modem mode last week and the reboots are still happening. Since this morning the Hub has rebooted 5 times and at around 13:30 pm this afternoon, the Hub was in a constant reboot session for about 10 minutes. After powering it off then on the hub went into another continuous multiple reboot session for about 5 minutes then went online for about 2.5 hours before rebooting again. I have tracked the reboots via the Broadband Monitor tracker which confirms the above since the 26/04/2020. This is unbearable. There is widespread reports of the same and yet no solution from Virgin media. Can anyone please solve this.Below are all the Reboots today as shown by the Broadband Monitor TrackerScreenshot 2020-04-27 at 17.26.28.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Hub 3 Frequently Rebooting for no apparent reason

Hi,

Have you managed to resolve this yet? If not I might be able to help - but may require account and area reference details If you still have an issue send me a private message.

I will need to test your services remotely.

To PM me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any personal info in this thread as it's public.

Please hit the Kudos thumb to say thanks and mark answer as Helpful if the reply has helped at all

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos