cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Connect not picking up connected device names

JabeSmith
Tuning in

I spent some time yesterday investigating all the 'unknown' devices showing on the Hub 3.0 (via my laptop browser, admin logon to 192.168.0.1), and now have names that I recognise against everything.

I know these names are stored on the Hub because when I access the Hub from my phone browser, they all show up correctly.

So now, if I get an 'unknown' device showing, I know it is unknown.

But why is it that the Virgin Media Connect app doesn't pick them up? Instead it gives me the MAC and IP addresses, and the name of the device manufacturer. The names I gave everything don't show anywhere.

Would be a massive improvement to have that fixed.

4 REPLIES 4

mudassir_hashmi
Joining in

Can anyone look into this issue? I have uninstalled the connect app from my iPhone 12 Pro with the latest firmware of iOS and reinstalled it and reset the super-hub 3 also. With no difference whatsoever.
All I get is a list of Mac addresses rather than the device names, which is a nightmare to determine what device is what. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I would not hold your breath. The connect app does not even work with the Hub4 and Hub5, so I don’t expect it will be developed any more or if it is certainly not with any priority. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi mudassir_hashmim,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with the Connect App, can you confirm if you've tested this on any other device?

Alex_Rm

kevsaul
Tuning in
if you are using an iPhone then you will need to turn off Private wifi address this can be found under settings-wifi-(name of wifi you are connected to) then scroll down and toggle Private wifi address on or off.