Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Connect does not recognise my hub

I want to obtain a wi fi boaster so that I can access my wi fi broadband in different parts of my property. I found out that I have to obtain the Virgin Media Connect app which I have done. I scanned in successfully my hub details, but when I do a scan between my phone and my hub it does not recognise my hub.

So in order to fix my wi fi I have to fix my Virgin Media Connect app!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Connect does not recognise my hub

WiFi boosters are only available to those that have a Hub4.

And to be honest they’re not worth it even for free. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that, well worth knowing. Is there a way I can update my hub to hub 4 (currently it is hub 3)?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

They’re offered based on availability.

And again, not worth it as the Hub4 has more issues than the Hub3 at present. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Geoff_Payne, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your WIFI looked into, I am sorry you're having this problem. 
I would like to ask a few questions and get you to do some things so we can try to work out what the root cause is. 
I also have a link here which helps with troubleshooting Intermittent Connection, please have a look.
When a problem does occur, are there any lights on the HUB that could indicate a problem?

When this issue occurs, is it more slow speeds or drop outs that are a symptom? 
I have already taken the time to look into your services on my side, but cannot see any outstanding issues. So please let me know how you get on with the information above.
Thanks,
Megan_L

0 Kudos