Menu
SputniksOrbit
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Connect app and hotspot profile trouble

Hey everyone. When I try to download the WiFi profile from the Virgin Media Connect app, it says there is a server error, and to try again in a few minutes (it always says this). I found this website: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/sim-based-wifi-eap-profile-settings but when I install the profile from there and try to connect to a hotspot, it says unable to connect. Any idea what I’m doing wrong? I’m on an iPhone 11 Pro Max running iOS 14.4.2

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Connect app and hotspot profile trouble

Hi there @SputniksOrbit

Welcome to our Community and thank so much for your first post - I am sorry that you're having some issues connecting and using the WiFi hotspots via the Connect App currently. 

When you have initially downloaded the Connect App, you usually need to sign in via your Mobile SIM data rather than any home WiFi. So the first step is to make sure your mobile data is on and WiFi is off. Once that is done, you can click Continue. You then need to accept the T&C.

Once all set up, head over to the Hotspots tab at the bottom. From there, it should then ask you to install the WiFi profile (if this is your first time) If it asks for a passcode, this is the unlock code for your device. Once all installed, just press DONE and you should be set up to use the Hotspots. 

If you're still struggling after set up, please do take a look at our help pages to run through some further diagnostics 

Issues with Hotspots

Keep us posted

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos