Menu
WearyWolf
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Connect app - Wi-Fi tests

I used the Virgin Media Connect app to assess wi-fi performance in my averaged sized house. The app reported 'Great' for each room - happy days.

I then checked broadband performance using the online checker on the Which website. Tests were in quick succession. No high consumption devices were in use at the time. No boosters or alternative devices attached. Results below.

Wired speed 273 mb. Wi-fi (within 10cm of VM Hub 3 router) 120 mb. Wi-fi in kitchen 5 mb.

VM Connect app considers a 56% drop in performance for wi-fi 'Great'. The 98% drop in performance in the kitchen is also 'Great'.

I called VM yesterday and said about the intermittent service over the last week. VM had the cheek to blame the setup in my house, despite that setup having worked OK for over a year. And what VM then failed to understand was that their wi-fi broadcast is unusable without my adding bits.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Connect app - Wi-Fi tests

Ignore the App

So what issues are you actually having and are they only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?
And what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Connect app - Wi-Fi tests

Hi @WearyWolf

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues,

Upon having a quick look into this, I noticed an issue with one of the downstream levels from the hub. Could you give the hub a reboot and let me know once you've done this? I can then have a look further into the issue and decide what steps we can take next.

Thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos