Menu
ChrisWea
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Connect App

I had an engineer out to fix a problem with my broadband (I don't have TV or phone with Virgin).  He suggested the use of the Media Connect App to manage the broadband etc.

I've downloaded the app and it will not let me past the initial first time home page.  When I try to select the sign in option it just either hangs and doesn't do anything or comes up with the error message "You're not connected."  When I select "Try Again" it eventually brings up the initial home page and then the same error message.

I am connected to the router box and I have internet connection. 

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the app, having turned the iPhone off in between.  All updates have been done on the iPhone.

I know you can use the 192. method on the laptop but it seems a bit long winded just to change a password and see what or who are connected to the wifi.

Any thoughts welcome?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Connect App

What Hub model do you have - the App doesnt work on a Hub4.

Or just log into the Hub settings that will give you all the info you need.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
ChrisWea
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's a Hub 3.0

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ChrisWea,

Welcome to our community for forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this with the connect app. We can understand the inconvenience this may have caused. Did you find the great advise given by @jbrennand useful? Just to clarify, have you tried the app on an alternative device to see if the issue persists?

Please get back to us when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ChrisWea
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have exactly the same issue on an iPad.  "You're not connected" error message.

And the advice was to try something that I said I have already done on my laptop.  Ie use the 192. route on my laptop.

So can someone please suggest something else to get this app working otherwise it's something else to add to the list of things Virgin promise and have not delivered.

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for letting us know @ChrisWea.

Just to confirm have you been able to change your password using the 192 method? Are you also able to share a screenshot or recording of what happens when you try to use the app so we can best understand and help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos