cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Hub 5X

aglprice
Joining in

Hi,

I have recently changed to this router and I cant get any of the Ethernet ports to connect to anything. I have tried to connect to the following:

D-Link 10/100mbps switch
Vodaphone router
Salus smart thermostat gateway

I have logged on to the virgin router and nothing is showing as connected?

I have tried every port
I have tried the pin hole reset no change.
I have tried various CAT 5 and CAT 6 cables still not working.

I am aware that the ethernet ports on the 5X are gigabit ports but it should still work with the switch at 10/100mbps?

Anyone got any ideas.

If I go to the virgin website it just does an automated check on my router and the check is all ok. I then end up in a loop with this and cant get through to anyone at Virgin to talk through this problem? 

Can anyone help or is router U/S and Virgin need to send me a new router?

Regards,

Andrew Price

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Legend

"nothing is showing as connected"  - Has the Hub 5x has lost connection to the internet ?

carl_pearce
Community elder

Do you have a 1Gbps capable device you can try in the ports?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Get a new 3rd party router with 1Gb ports or better and double NAT DMZ to your router as you wait for modem mode

---------------------------------------------------------------

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Does WiFi work?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It could be the 10/100 switch? They are quite old now and the Hub 5X may not work with that.  Try a more modern Gigabit unmanaged switch. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey aglprice,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your router, are you still having the issues at moment?

If you are still having the issues, are you able to connect to the router via WiFi as Roger_Gooner suggested?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks all for help. Have eventually found with help of Virgin tech visit. That all ok with hub and ports it just didn't have anything to connect to as the Salus heating gateway is not capable of coping with the hub 5x speed. Salus are currently talking with Virgin to try and resolve problem.Many thanks again for your help