cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Hub 5 Flashing Green

KieranNana
Joining in

On Thursday I had a new hub installed. It is now Saturday and the hub is still flashing green. I have had a technician come to try and fix it and they did nothing. What do I do?

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking that it is activated correctly.  Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you will need the Model numbers, serial numbers/MAC addresses off the barcode stickers of ALL pieces of kit and also your account number

Also worth a quick check

for any “known network faults in your location - Try in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status)

2) Then also Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @KieranNana 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear of the issues you've had with your hub since installing. 

I can see on the systems at our side that you have a technician booked in for this issue. Please do keep us updated if you have any further questions or concerns and let us know how you get on after your appointment. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

The technician just changed the hub and the same issue is happening. They installed a new Hub 4, which now has a red light. I haven't had internet for 5 days now.

Hi KieranNana,

Thanks for coming back to us about this issue, I am sorry that you've not had  internet for those days 😥 We will keep trying everything possible to get this sorted for you. 

I can see the engineer may have raised this issue with a back end team after their visit who have since updated the service as resolved. 

Could you let us know how things are on your side please? 

If you're still having the same issue, we will continue to help.

Thanks,

Megan_L

The technician changed hub 5 to hub 4 and now it's just a solid red light the response is showing this.

Internet still doesn't work.

KieranNana_0-1691483427585.png

Thanks KieranNana, 

That's no good, sorry for the continued issues! 

I'll send you a private message now so I can raise a complaint and get this investigated further. 

Speak to you soon!

Megan_L