Menu
MXmaster
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Hub 3 - Can I create MESH network?

First post so here goes...

Current WIFI in house is OOmp bundle.
But suffer massively with dead spots around house to the point I bough 3 TPLink extenders but they all have their own name for connection (IE: Bedroom, Back Room, Kitchen)

I have heard of MESH systems, which means as we move between rooms, we don't need to keep switching manually to the extenders (Which is a pain!) by room type, but the extenders have MESH capability, but the set-up states the Virgin hub 3 doesn't support MESH.

Anyone know of a way to boost WIFI in these deadspots some other way without need for all the different networks to join manually?

Some say turn the Virgin 3 hub into a MODEM mode then buy a supported MESH router? Anyone done this and recommend any from Amazon?

Thanks

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Hub 3 - Can I create MESH network?

Why extenders did you get?

You’ll need a compatible TP-Link router to utilise the mesh system the extenders offer. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Treble1
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Hub 3 - Can I create MESH network?

Just put the sh3 in modem mode and get the asus xt8 pair £399 currys amazon are oos job done

0 Kudos