Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 81 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin HUB 3.0 - DHCP menu hangs

Thought I'd give my SH 3.0 another try after at least a year in modem mode. Encountered this problem, pretty much DOS'ed myself as when going to the DHCP allocation page it hung my browser then the whole internet died for other users. Reset hub, different browser, same issue.

Now back to modem mode again, still struggling to believe how bad the SH is when it fails at basic tasks like this. QC at virginmedia must have been next to non-existent

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 82 of 86
Flag for a moderator

I’m a sufferer too but over the months have found using the “Opera” browser the DHCP page doesn’t hang as it does using Chrome but unfortunately I have no fix for the page updating time that in my case is about 22 minutes per device.

Select the Advance setting > DHCP then go and make a cup of tea is the only way that works for me and by the time you get back the page might have updated. 😀

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 83 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Just put your Hub 3 in modem mode and get another router, it need not be expensive. You won't regret it.

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 84 of 86
Flag for a moderator

I normally use the Hub 3 in modem mode with my Netgear R7800 but I kept getting lock-ups on the local network with IP conflicts that I could never track-down the cause however I discovered a few weeks ago one of my networks LAN switches was faulty causing IP errors but fixed now but because since taking out the faulty switch my Hub 3 has been working with no trouble at all so won’t touch it for now but may go back to modem mode in future if need be.

I’ve come back to this thread today to make a note that the Hub 3 seems to have had an update to it’s firmware because the lag time when using DHCP has gone and reserving IP address is a doddle just how it should be.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 85 of 86
Flag for a moderator

There have been reports that the latest firmware for the Hub3, version 401, fixes this although I have no personal experience. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 86 of 86
Flag for a moderator

like @ChrisK1, I did not use Chrome - but Internet explorer seemed to allow the menu to pop up in about 2-3 minutes. I knew IE had to be good for someting