Menu
Dannil21
Joining in
Message 71 of 75
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin HUB 3.0 - DHCP menu hangs

So pleased to see that some of you manage to get in to DHCP after a long wait.

I've never got in yet. It just hangs for a considerable time and then returns me to

the  log-in page. Judging by the length of time this has been going on I don't

think I've got long enough to live to see it fixed!  But of course, cynical VM

continue to take  the money every month and put up prices with monotonous regularity.

0 Kudos
ynysygwas
On our wavelength
Message 72 of 75
Flag for a moderator

This was meant to be in reply to Springfall2008, (post 50) but seems to have ended up on its own!

I gave up on the Hub 3 a month after getting it. I kept having to reboot it to get my HP wireless printer to work. Instant cure by switching to a router with the hub in modem mode.

Earlier this year I factory reset the Virgin hub after buying a new router that didn't seem to like the Hub. Thought a fresh start was overdue.

Then the sequence was
1 Put Virgin Hub in modem mode and switch it off.
2 Boot/Reboot new router
3 Wait for lights to 'settle down' (I was told the hub needs find the router 'ready and waiting')
4 Connect Hub to router WAN port
5 Reboot hub.

Mind you, I'm pretty sure that in the past I've done it the way you set out and things still worked fine
but just in case someone finds things aren't working after following your steps it would be worth them trying
a router reboot before turning the Hub back on.

Pfb201
Tuning in
Message 73 of 75
Flag for a moderator

I think we are all in agreement that modem mode with a fit for purpose router is a good idea but Virgin are waxing lyrical about the capabilities and the service they provide covers the cpe.

Virgin aren't funding a functioning router with DHCP services and wireless so they need to fix this however the hardware itself is well known to be poor so I'm not holding out hope that a software fix will offer any benefit.

0 Kudos
nadimaj
Joining in
Message 74 of 75
Flag for a moderator

Same issue, fairly vanilla config but with about 15 wifi and 5 ethernet devices in the house.

0 Kudos
boothy99
Up to speed
Message 75 of 75
Flag for a moderator

Adding my support to this - changed over to SH3 from SH2 about a month ago. Set up 10 DHCP reservations back then with no issues, but discovered this problem yesterday whilst attempting to add one more. Browser (Dolphin) becomes unresponsive with no other web pages loading, while DHCP list says it's updating. Same browser I'd used a month ago (no different on any other browser I tried).

Tried a reboot earlier today and thought it'd (temporarily) fixed the freeze as my list showed up after ~30 seconds. Unfortunately, it balked on trying to add a reservation 😕 

I'll sit n' wait for a fix along with everyone else I suppose. 

On the point of no settings to allow backup of SH3 - they're in "Admin / Reload and Reboot". Backup at the top of the page 👍